Thursday, April 26, 2007

PS3, the last gen Next gen.

WTF!
WTF!

Ok, I need to calm down. I just need to know one thing. What the Fuck is Sony doing?
Their console is officially junk. Look, Resistance Fall of Man was good for a while, but what else? I have bought ZERO count them ZERO, thats nothing. No games since Resistance. Oh I've downloaded a couple of Playstation Network games (Flow, Tekken and MK2), but PS3 has just become another way for me to play my PS2 games.

What really sparked this is the PS3 version of F.E.A.R. I played and completed fear as well as spent significant time with its muliplayer on Xbox 360. I was kinda excited about it coming over to PS3 to see just what separates these consoles. A pretty graphically intesive game with online multiplayer. Which system does it better?

First a little info for all you non gamers or maybe you're just not in the know. Xbox Live, which is Microsofts gaming network, that allows players to connect and game online with each other costs $50 a year. Playstation Network, which apparently does the same thing, although without a universal Screen Name and Friendslist, is free. Also Xbox Live allows voice chat and communication throughout all games. Even cheap old Live Arcade games like Gauntlet, you can talk to yer buds. Apparently not so much on Playstation network as Mortal Kombat 2 does not have a voice chat feature.

Now back to Fear. The Xbox 360 version is beautiful, and runs smooth as eggs. The online multiplayer is dope. PS3...not so much. The games framerate dips and bops and what the hells all over the place. How about the killer online mode? There is no voice chat or any communication of any kind. Let me get this straight. Resistance Fall of Man has voice chat, but Fear doesn't. Even if this isn't Sony's fault, shouldn't they have mandatory features in place, maybe create a sense of conformity for the system. Shouldn't we expect online games to have voice chat by now?

I'm seriously let down by Playstation 3's performance so far. Nothing has sparked my interest and blu ray discs are too expensive. I'm no fan boy, I'm not loyal to any brand, I'm just shocked that the PS3 is feeling a lot like PS 2.5 right about now.

No comments: